Before writing your next lesson plan, consider the "Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How" approach. For each activity you plan to do, ask yourself the six questions below.
Who are you writing these activities for?
- The "who" focuses on keeping the lesson plan age appropriate.
- The "what" focuses on the specific activities you plan to include.
- The "where" focuses on the specific location your activities will take place.
- The "when" focuses on scheduling enough time.
- The "why" focuses on the concepts or skills your students will learn (also called learning objectives).
- The "how" focuses on the children's experience and involvement in the activity.
Be sure to Follow My Blog!
What are Teachable Moments?
Copyright (c) 2009 Deborah J. Stewart; All rights reserved!