Join me at Teach Preschool!

Click here to see fingerplays and songs by Deborah! »

The Latest on Teach Preschool!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

ProSocial skills in the preschool classroom

I was asked by Noah of The People Garden to drum up some activities that promote pro-social sharing and negotiation skills for young children. I wanted to share this article so you could see the ideas as well. You will have to scroll down just a bit (past the very nice comments about me:) to see the activities.

There were four activities in all including...

#1 Sensory Play: Pepperoni Pizzas


#2 Music and Movement: Circle of Friends


#3 Creative Arts - Creating a rainbow


#4 Setting the Table


Click here to view each of these activities...

4 comments:

Elise said...

I really like how the children have to brainstorm ideas and propose the solutions. Such fun and creative ideas. It has been a joy to stop by your blog again.

Teacher Tom said...

These are all great ideas and Noah really does a great job of filling it out as a post.

I love working on problem solving with groups of children -- it's really why I teach preschool. They are capable of doing so much, especially if they work together. One of my mantras is, "Together we're a genius."

Deborah (Teach Preschool) said...

Thank you Elise for stopping by:) You are always so sweet!

Tom - I love that mantra! I will borrow it:)

The Honorable Mention said...

Love that mantra, too, Tom!
I's so glad we can get such great ideas like these!
Great job, Noah!

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails