Use a sentence strip to make a name card for each child.
- Hold up a name card and say the child's name aloud.
- As you say the name, point to each syllable in the child's name.
- Have the children clap for each syllable.
Ta - be - tha (say it)
clap - clap - clap (clap it)
One - Two - Three (count it)
If a visual is needed...
- Take a pair of scissors and cut the card into each syllable section.
- Place each section on a chart or board for the children to view as you say, clap, and count the sounds.
- Repeat the steps shown above for each child.